i have noticed that my palms were slightly yellowish quite some time ago. but i left it as it is because i thought it's nothing. then, my groupies start to notice it was more than a tinge of yellow, it is YELLOW! yikes!! they are calling me Jaundice from now on.
Jaundice, also referred to as icterus, is the yellow staining of the skin and sclerae (the whites of the eyes) by abnormally high blood levels of the bile pigment, bilirubin. The yellowing extends to other tissues and body fluids and also may turn the urine dark. Yellowing of only the skin also can be caused by eating too many carrots or drinking too much carrot juice.
- i don't eat much carrots nowadays
- my sclerae are not THAT yellowish, slightly, yes
- i do not have loose grey stools (sembelit ada la) but i have dark urine (other signs of jaundice)
- my right abdomen is not bulged (no liver enlargement)
- i am not pale (i do not have loss of blood)
apart from me turning yellow, i am feeling fine. my groupmates can't come up with a diagnosis and i definitely don't want to go see the doc because it is so irritating to wait (read my entry on the visit to the hospital as a patient).
and oh yeah, i haven't been eating or handling too much tumeric (kunyit) either. so macam mana ni?
silap haribulan, jadi one of the simpsons la pulak nanti. haiisshhh.....