5 extraordinary uses for fabric softener:
- End clinging dust on your tv -> to eliminate the static cling that attracts dust, simply dampen your dust cloth with fabric softener straight from the bottle and dust as usual.
- Remover old wallpaper -> stir one capful of liquid softener into one litre of water and sponge the solution onto the wallpaper. Let is soak in for 20 minutes, then scrape the paper from the wall. If the wallpaper has a water-resistant coating, score it with a wire-bristle brush first.
- Keep paintbrushes pliable -> after using a brush, clean the bristles thoroughly and rinse them in a can full of water with a drop of liquid fabric softener mixed in. then wipe the bristles dry and store.
- Untangle and condition hair -> liquid fabric softener diluted in water and applied after shampooing can untangle and condition hair. Experiment with the amount of conditioner to match it to the texture of your hair; a weaker solution for fine hair and a stronger solution for coarse hair. (i actually tried this and yeah, it does work!! infact my hair stays soft, much softer than a normal hairconditioner would do!)
- Remove hard-water stains -> dab full-strength liquid fabric softener onto the stains and let it soak for ten minutes. Then wipe the softener and stain the glass with a damp cloth and rinse.
adapted from RDasia