Wednesday, January 6, 2010

never ever


I never believed in the word 'NEVER'.
But see, that statement that i just made,
Made me a hypocrite.

Now, I know, 'NEVER' does exist.
Especially when it hits you,
Right smack in the face.

I tried to be everything,
But everything to you is never enough.
You will always want something more.

I tried to be something then,
But something does not make you happy.
You want me to be perfect.

I tried to be perfect,
But that is not good enough.
Because my perfection is never enough for you.

I tried to be all that I am not,
Someone that I am,
Together at the same time,
But that is never enough.

I am sorry that I am not the person that you want me to be.
I am sorry that I can never make you happy because your happiness is out of my reach.
I am sorry that you are always saddened by me.

But please...
Trust me,
I have done all that is in my power
To make you smile again.
Still, it is never enough.

Most of all, I am sorry that I am never enough.


~REd

No comments: