Thursday, February 18, 2010

REd the Egyptian?

We were having skills lab just now and there is a new doctor on board the OBGYN team. I can't quite recall his name but I sure do recall what was the first question he asked me when I stepped up the plate to take a try on doing a PAP smear:

"Where are you from?"

"KL. I mean, Malaysia"

See, I get this question all the time that when people ask this, I have to answer that I am from Malaysia, not I am from KL specifically.

"Oh, you look different. Sorry, I didn't mean it in a bad way"

"Oh, no worries, I get that all the time"

"I used to work in Kuwait"

"Do I look like one of them Kuwait girls?"

"No, not really. You come across like an Egyptian."



Yaara Naoom - REd




Miriam George - REd


So, what say you? Do I pass as an Egyptian?

No comments: