Thursday, December 23, 2010

My life goes tick tock

Yesterday started off with an SMS saying that the patient that I am following her progress has been admitted to Labour Room. Lets just call her Mrs B.

Actually, I wanted to sleep in yesterday and go to the hospital a little later than usual since I didn't get enough rest and sleep the day before. But as soon as my alarm went off and i put it to snooze, the SMS came in. So, as a true medical person, I dragged myself up and got ready as soon as possible to get to the hospital.

The day went on from labour room to cardiac resus room to medical wards. I was joining the other teams to gather more knowledge. Around noon, when I went back to LR to check on Mrs B, there was still no progress. She was still in latent phase of labour.

Since I had some other urgent matters to attend to, I left the hospital and went on to run some errands. As usual, banks are never lack of customers. Waiting is just another favourite pastime to be done in the bank. The hour moved on and it is already time to go for my aerobics.

After a who hour of aerobics, I went home thinking that OK, it is time to kick back and relax. Have a nice shower and have dinner. But even before my sweat could dry off, I got a call saying that Mrs B is going to be sent for emergency C-sect due to secondary labour arrest. Oh God!

I changed into my hospital clothes without even taking a shower,wiped my face and made a move. At the hospital, it was another episode of waiting as the emergency OT was busy at that moment. At that time, I was hungry, I was tired. But I couldn't show that to her because she needs my smiley face to reassure her that everything will be fine.

Finally into the OT. Everything went on smoothly, Alhamdulillah. She delivered a baby boy and when I showed her the baby, the smile on her face just took all that I had in my head at that moment, away. I didn't feel tired, I didn't feel hungry. I just felt elated that I could see her smile. All her anxiety and worries are gone.

Went home, cooked dinner, had dinner and cleaned up. I sat on the lazy chair, putting Dexter on my notebook. I didn't realized that I fell asleep on the lazy chair. I actually moved myself to the bed only in the wee hours of the morning. That was how exhausted I was.

This will be the rest of my life.

Fun!

No comments: